Juno Player


Translate

Instagram

Instagram

Monday, May 26, 2014

Trying to stay ahead of the game is hard if you don't know what game you are playing

When I started in the DJ game I quickly realized that I was at a disadvantage because I didn't make my own tracks.  My first attempt at making tracks was pitiful at best.  As I started to get better and  gained access to better tools I found that the next hurdle was to find a concept that was catchy.  That is not always easy.  Eventually, I found a few phrases and melodies that worked but every time I would get over that hurdle another one would spring up behind it.  I started to see a pattern in the process and my tracks got better.  I soon found that allowing others to "touch" a track brought flavor that you may not have discovered.  Here is an example of a remixer I know that has honed his skills to a level that makes it seem as though his remix is a stand-alone, original song.  Listen here.

Follow deejayflint on Twitter

No comments: